Valve Repairs & Reconditioning
- (Secunda & Durban)
Factory accredited facilities are available in both Secunda and Durban where skilled technicians with knowledge and extensive experience carry out the required valve repairs and reconditioning using OEM components. All final testing is done to appropriate industry and plant standards.
Lifting & Offloading Equipment
- 10 Ton Overhead crane (Secunda)
- 3 Ton forklifts (Secunda & Durban)
- 2 Ton mobile A frames (Secunda & Durban)
- 500kg Jib Cranes (Secunda & Durban)
Valve Repair Centre Services & Capabilities
With a wealth of experience and expertise, we repair and recondition almost every type and size of manual valve, control valve and actuator. Our capabilities range from small regulators to large bore ball, butterfly, triple offset valves and steam conditioning control valves with all the expertise that is required to assure all customer requirements are fulfilled.
Your valves, actuators and positioners are fully repaired and reconditioned in our valve repaire centres in direct collaboration with your inspection management. All OEM wear and replacement parts as well as seals and packings are used to bring your process equipment back to original condition. A complete range of machining facilities is at our disposal to perform any rework required for seat and control faces.
Qualified specialist personnel are available to machine the complete components to ensure that it passes final inspection for efficient, thorough processing.
Valve types we repair and recondition
- Automatic recirculation valves for pump protection
- Ball valves
- Butterfly valves
- Control valves - rotary and linear / sliding stem / reciprocating
- Check valves
- Knife gate valves
- Plug valves - Non-lubricated PTFE sleeeved
- Steam conditioning valves and desuperheaters
- Triple offset valves (TOV)
Valve Automation Centre
These centres assemble all valve and actuator packages complete with positioners, switch boxes and all associated instrumentation and accessories to meet your plant requirements. Emergency shutdown valves (ESD) with partial stroke testing (PST) devices are routinely assembled and tested.
Oxygen Cleaning Facility (Secunda) - EIGA Standards
- Both Blue Light and White Light are used together with lint free cloth to ensure no dust, rust, grease or foreign particulars are visible on the body and seat arrangement area.
- A 2 ton hoist is used to lift the valves into the container that was built specifically for oxygen cleaning, where the valves are cleaned and inspected.
- Approved clothing is always used for the oxygen cleaning process.
- After inspections, the valves are triple sealed and placed inside cardboard, then crated and plastic wrapped to ensure that the shelf life is extended.
- We used a specialized cleaning solution approved by EIGA to ensure best and highest quality.
Specialist Schroedahl valve repair and reconditioning services
- V&A have successfully repaired and reconditioned hundreds of Schroedahl TDK, TDL, TDM and SUL automatic recirculation valves for pump protection more than 25 years.
- Identifying which internal component has been worn or has failed, then returning the valve back to new is part of our on-going service. Should you not be able to get support or spares in time, we can assist you with a Schroeder pump protection valve replacement.
- This support service ensures that our clients get maximum life and performance from their capital equipment with the knowledge that we have highly skilled technical specialists on hand to support them at all times.
- Automatic recirculation valves also known as pump protection units or leak off valves are use for the protection of centrifugal pumps when operating at low flow conditions.
Actuator types we repair and recondition
Routine valve repair services include
- Strip and clean
- Sand / shot blast
- Seat welding repairs
- Seat grinding & lapping
- Hydrostatic body test
- Seat leakage test
- Spray painting
- In house inspection and acceptance
- End user final acceptance test (FAT)
- Mounting of actuators to valves
- Mounting of positioners to actuators
- Calibration of positioners
- To complement our in house service department, we are able to provide on-site service whether you have a breakdown, or an outage, we can deliver the same high standard.
- Our technicians are skilled in the repair of most makes of valve positioners including diagnostics.
Inspection and Quality Assurance
- Quality Assurance system approved to ISO 9001 : 2015 and audited annually by SGS. All records are held on computer.
Valve Seat Leakage Tests
- Seat leakage tests are done to the appropriate industry standard and to suit plant requirements.
Valve Hydrostatic Testing
- Hydrostatic pressure testing of valve bodies to the appropriate industry standards.